To view as PDF, please click on summary tab on the left side.
RESPONSE: All items under the Clinical Mental Health Standards will be addressed by a Standards Tableand Standards Matrix The Standards Table is a list of what standard is particularly addressed in what course. The Standards Matrix has the specific standards down the vertical axis for reference and an individual list of syllabi across the horizontal axis for reference. An X is used to mark the spot on the matrix where the Standard is addressed by a specific course. By hovering on the specific X you will see what specific SLOs are used in this course to address this standard. The listed syllabi on the horizontal axis and the listed standards on the vertical axis are hyperlinked to the appropriate document showing the details of these items.
1. Knows the principles of the diagnostic process, including differential diagnosis, and the use of current diagnostic tools, such as the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
2. Understands the established diagnostic criteria for mental and emotional disorders, and describes treatment modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care.
3. Knows the impact of co-occurring substance use disorders on medical and psychological disorders.
4. Understands the relevance and potential biases of commonly used diagnostic tools with multicultural populations.
5. Understands appropriate use of diagnosis during a crisis, disaster, or other traumacausing event.
L. Skills and Practices
1. Demonstrates appropriate use of diagnostic tools, including the current edition of the DSM, to describe the symptoms and clinical presentation of clients with mental and emotional impairments.
2. Is able to conceptualize an accurate multi-axial diagnosis of disorders presented by a client and discuss the differential diagnosis with collaborating professionals.
3. Differentiates between diagnosis and developmentally appropriate reactions during crises, disasters, and other trauma-causing events.